Click here to download a printable summary of all ILFOP member benefits and resources.
The Illinois State Lodge employs a full-time director of governmental affairs/general counsel who monitors state and federal legislation, as well as rules and policy, to determine the impact on law enforcement professionals. As the largest organization of police officers in the United States, the FOP serves as a significant advocate for its members, with notable efforts toward maintaining pension and collective bargaining rights. Visit the Advocacy webpage to find legislative priorities and bill status updates; follow our efforts with the We Are One Illinois Coalition; and “like” us on Facebook for regular legislative news.
Officer-to-Officer Critical Incident and Peer Support – (866) 535-1078
The Critical Incident Support Team (CIST) is available 24-hours per day, seven days a week to provide confidential peer support and information, as well as personal counseling or social service referrals. Should a major critical incident occur, such as a shooting that involves a police officer, the CIST will respond by notifying the Illinois Network of Critical Incident Stress Management. If requested, CIST will also send a team member to assist the officer, family and department. If the critical incident involves a line of duty death, the CIST can assist in the preparations of a law enforcement funeral.
Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
The Illinois State Lodge provides accidental death and disability insurance for all members in good standing, at no additional cost, whether the accident occurs while on duty or not. Please see the one-page overview titled “Accidental Death & Disability Benefits” for a summary of what is covered and benefit amounts.
The Associate Chaplaincy program was created to enhance the delivery and quality of law enforcement services through the provision of pastoral care to officers in times of personal need and crisis. Chaplains provide services as requested and all information is kept confidential. Associate Chaplains are to be Christian friends, who meet an officer’s needs on a one-on-one basis by listening, counseling and/or referring to other resources as is appropriate for each situation. Please visit www.ilfop.org/MemberResources/ChaplaincyCare.aspx to find the FOP chaplain assigned to your area.
Each year, the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police awards $9,000 in scholarships to college students whose parents are members in good standing. Chosen at random, one applicant from each of the 18 representative FOP districts in Illinois receives $500 towards college expenses. The random drawing is held each year during the summer meeting of the ILFOP Board of Trustees. Applications are posted online in February for that year’s drawing.
The Legal Defense Plan is a self-funded ERISA plan, solely owned and operated by the FOP Grand Lodge, that is available to eligible FOP groups and individual members. The plan provides defense coverage for administrative, civil and criminal actions that arise out of law enforcement duties. For more information, visit www.foplegal.com.
FOP License Plates
Exclusive for active members, Fraternal Order of Police License Plates show pride in fraternalism and law enforcement. Please visit www.ilfop.org/LicencePlates.aspx or more information.
Education & Training
The Illinois Law Enforcement Education Foundation (ILEEF), a 501c3 organization, was created by the State Lodge to increase the education, charitable and research capabilities of law enforcement. ILEEF is currently working toward implementing a statewide police suicide education and prevention program. I
Industry News & Information
FOP members receive frequent e-mail updates from both the national and state lodges, as well as Blue Line Newsletter, a quarterly electronic publication from the State Lodge, and FOP Journal, a quarterly print publication from the Grand Lodge.
Member in Need of Assistance
In addition to the chaplaincy and CIST programs, the State Lodge website includes a page that is dedicated to posting the needs of its members. Whether you are a member in need or a member looking to help a fellow member, visit www.ilfop.org/MemberResources/MembersinNeedofAssistance.aspx for more information.
Through various partnerships, FOP members can receive discounts on products and services on the following:
· AAA Chicago Club: 15 percent discount on basic membership or 10 percent discount on plus membership. In addition, the enrollment fee is waived for FOP members. Visit www.aaa.com.
· 1-800-FLOWERS: FOP members receive a 15 percent discount on orders. Visit www.1800FLOWERS.com or call 1-800-FLOWERS® (1-800-356-9377) and mention promotion code GRANDFOP.
The FOP partners with top-quality providers who understand the unique needs of the law enforcement community. Please remember these organizations’ ongoing support of the FOP as your needs for their services arise.
· James M. Ridge & Associates - Workers’ Compensation (www.ridgeassoc.com)
· ISPFCU - The Law Enforcement Credit Union with exclusive FOP credit cards (www.ispfcu.org)
· John Cipolla Insurance Consultants, Inc. - Accidental Death & Line-of-Duty Benefits (http://cipollainsurance.com)
· Beacon Financial Group - Financial planning consultation and voluntary insurance benefits (http://beacon-financial.net).
· BHB Insurance Services, LLC - provider of P2 Partner Protection, a new insurance plan that protects the spouse’s portion of family assets from a misconduct punitive damage award against a law enforcement officer up to $100,000 (www.punitivedamageprotection.com/Site/1731191167/default.asp?p=0).
· Illinois Public Pension Fund Association (IPPFA) - the sole education provider for public pension fund trustees in the state of Illinois. IPPFA members manage over $18 billion in pension assets. For additional information, visit www.ippfa.org.
· Fidelity Blueline Mortgage - No points or origination fees; free credit review and upfront approvals; personal customer service; and after your first mortgage, never pay a processing fee again. For more information, visit www.fidelityfop.com.